New Update New blog section Check it out!
Thursday, 03 April 2025
 
Fake
Verified
Picture for representational purpose only. — Sahkannya

GTA to move alone in GE15, says Dr M

:  498
National | 16 September 2022 | 2 years ago MYT
Share it on : 
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp

SERDANG: Gerakan Tanah Air (GTA) will move separately in the 15th General Election (GE15), says its sponsor chairman Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

He said GTA would also not cooperate with any party involved in corruption or involved in establishing a government through the back door.


"We already have a coalition called Gerakan Tanah Air which comprises Malay political parties, several non-governmental organisations and individuals from academics and professionals who love the country.

"...and they want to be involved in politics to help the country return what it once was known, as a clean, efficient and trustworthy Asian Tiger,” he said at a press conference while attending the Parti Pejuang Tanah Air (Pejuang) women’s wing Pejuanita Convention in Seri Kembangan, near here on Friday (Sept 16).


Dr Mahathir, who is also the chairman of Pejuang, said this when asked whether GTA would cooperate with Perikatan Nasional or Pakatan Harapan in GE15.

On Aug 30, Dr Mahathir said the GTA was open to discussing with Perikatan regarding cooperation for GE15.

Regarding GTA’s registration status with the Registrar of Societies (ROS), he said the matter is expected to be known next month.


"We are waiting for the ROS to decide whether GTA will be registered. So I hope it is not registered the day before the dissolution of the government so that we have time to prepare the GTA for GE15,” he said.

GTA submitted the application for the coalition's logo and registration to the ROS on Sept 6. GTA comprises four parties, namely Pejuang, Parti Bumiputera Perkasa Malaysia (Putra), Barisan Jemaah Islamiah Se-Malaysia (Berjasa) and the Parti Perikatan India Muslim Nasional (Iman).

Asked if he is ready to become prime minister if GTA won GE15, Dr Mahathir said so far he has not made any decision but said many parties were urging him to do so.

Commenting on the Budget 2023, the Langkawi MP said it needed to be approved before GE15 was held to avoid problems arising in the future because there was a possibility of changes in the Budget policy if the current government loses GE15.

"We are facing the possibility of GE15 being held, so it is up to the government to decide whether they will approve the budget first before holding GE15 or hold GE15 before (approving) the budget. If GE15 is held before the budget, there will be many problems in the future,” he said.- Bernama

Source :

The Star
Fake

Everyone can help to stop the spread of fake news. If you see content online that you believe to be false or misleading, you can report it to us.

Something Not Right? Report to us!
Report submitted successfully. Thank you for making us better!